Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Time

Yay, it's Caturday! =D That means I have a new nail art design for you. I've been so looking forward to showing this to you. This is all about summer and cheerfulness and a cute little bumblebee. ^^

I started off with a basecoat and after letting that dry I applied two coats of 118 little miss sunshine by essence.

essence colour & go 118 little miss sunshine

After those two coats of polish have dried completely I stamped the bumblebee on Bundle Monster image plate BM-301 with Konad Special Nail Polish in black and drew the "flight path" of the bumblebee with the uma nail art pen in black.

Bundle Monster image plate BM-301, bumblebee with Konad Special Nail Polish black

flight path with uma nail art pen

I sponged a pink gradient with the essence colour&go nail polishes 106 free hugs, 108 ultimate pink and 132 break through on the free spots on those nails with the flight path and bigger parts on my index finger and thumb.

I started with the lightest pink and dabbed the colour onto the free spots.

pink gradient, lightest colour essence colour & go 106 free hugs

Then using a darker colour I sponged halfway up the lightest.

second pink halfway up, building the gradient with essence polish 108 ultimate pink

And with the darkest colour I went halfway up the second colour respectively just sponged the edges.

darkest colour, halfway up the second/sponged on the edges, essence 132 break through

Using BM-313 I stamped the single hibiscus flower in white on the pink gradient spots.


Bundle Monster image plate BM-313, single hibiscus flower

Using BM-318 I stamped the bigger hibiscus flower image on the pink gradients on my index finger and on my thumb. I finished off with a topcoat to blend the colours and seal in the design.

Bundle Monster image plate BM-318, bigger hibiscus flowers image

You can adjust the flight path of the bumble bee however you want. This is the design on my left hand.

Design on my left hand, slightly different
And that's it. This design gets me in the mood for summer and sunshine. It makes me happy just to look at the bright colours. :D

I hope you like this manicure, I sure do. ^^ If you have any questions concerning the products I used please leave a comment below and I'll make sure to get back to you.

Thanks for reading and see you next time. Bye! :)

4 comments:

  1. aaaaaahhh der wahnsinn! die biene ist ja zucker! :D sehr hübsch gestaltet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this manicure. I will definitely try it myself one day :)

    ReplyDelete