Sunday, July 15, 2012

Magnetic Nail Polish

I thought I could pass on this one but obviously I could not. I'm talking about magnetic nail polish. I bought the Kiko polishes on sale since I did not want to pay so much money for a polish I was not sure I would like.

essence nail art magnetics: 06 spell bound, 03 magic wand, Kiko magnetic nail lacquer: 702, 703, 704

I still don't know if the Kiko polishes have names.

Some time has passed since I got them, I've tried hard to make them work and I am still not sure whether I like those magnetic polishes or not. I really like the colors since they turn out opaque with the first coat of polish.

The magnets are soooo impractical (I got the ones from Kiko). They are so small you can't grab them properly. I always bumped into the wet polish smudging it. It is so annoying. You have to overdo it every time. I guess China Glaze figured out a better way for the magnets.


Kiko nail art magnets

Anyway I kinda worked that problem out. I made it work better than it did before. I taped the magnet to my plastic scraper. :D I have much more control over the magnet and the bumping minimized aswell. Still happens but not that often. (Not sure if I'm stupid because the wrapping was intended for this or smart because I had this idea...)


Kiko nail art manget taped to a scraper for better handling


Kiko nail art manget taped to a scraper for better handling


I noticed that the magnetic pattern shows much better on the dark colors than on the bright ones. I can barely see it on my index finger and I tried several coats. I like the color anyway.

The star pattern is not that good. It is kind of hard to get all spots on the nail magnetized the same way since my nails are curved and the magnet is not. I like the stripe pattern better. 

Star pattern: f. l. t. r. essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703

Stripe pattern, anti-clockwise from index: essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703

Star pattern: f. l. t. r. essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703


f. r. t. l. essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703
I think I even like the matte version better than the shiny one. ^^ 

Matte version, clockwise from index: essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703

Matte version, anti-clockwise from index: essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703

Matte version, clockwise from index: essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703

Matte version, anti-clockwise from index: essence 03 magic wand, Kiko 704, Kiko 705, essence 06 spell bound, Kiko 703

Somehow I feel I can't really do anything with these polishes (nail art wise) except wearing it for its sake. I don't know why they just seem so stiff. 

All in all I'd say it's a nice thing to play with but not a must have. I totally could have passed on this one without regretting it. If only I knew before... :D

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment