Wednesday, June 20, 2012

[Review] Red Angel Image Plates

Hey everyone! :)

It's review time again! I've been working on this for quite some time and now I had to finish it. It started to annoy me being all unfinished in the draft folder. ^^

This set of Red Angel image plates for stamping nail art contains 21 plates. The plates came in this little plastic pouch which is reusable. The image plates are made of stainless steel and they have a high polish finish. This makes them very robust and of course reusable.

Red Angel plastic pouch

The image plates had a blue protective cover which has to be removed before using them. None of the plates had a paper backing that is why I cut my fingers about three(!) times on the sharp edges when I tried to remove those covers. And that did really hurt! So I thought to myself that I have to do something about that and made a paper backing for them. If you are interested in how to create a paper backing for your blank image plates click here.
If you want to buy the set please be careful when you remove the covers.

Self made paper backing on Red Angel image plates

On the image plates you can find full nail images, french tips, single motifs and half moon manicure images which I haven't seen anywhere else before. The full nail images are in the majority in this set followed by the single motifs. There are just one image plate each with french tips and the half moon manicure images on them.

Frencht tips, half moon manicure images, full nail images, single motifs

The image plate measure about 5,6 cm in mean diameter. This is a very common size among image plates.

About 5,6 cm in mean diameter

The full nail image measures about 1,3 cm in width and about 1,6 cm in length. This is an average size for full nail images.

Red angel image plate, full nail image about 1,3 cm in width

Red angel image plate, full nail image about 1,6 cm in length

The french tips measure about 0,6 cm in length and 1,5 cm in width. This is also average.

Red angel image plate, french tip about 0,6 cm in length

Red angel image plate, french tip about 1,5 cm in width

The half moon manicure images are pretty unique. They measure about 1,3 cm in width, about 1,6 cm in length at the edge and about 1,5 cm in the middle of the image. The outside measurements match the ones of the full nail images. 

Red angel image plate, half moon manicure image about 1,3 cm in width

Red angel image plate, half moon manicure image about 1,6 cm in length at the edge

Red angel image plate, half moon manicure image about 1,5 cm in the middle

I already mentioned the sharp edges on the outer edge of the image plate. I don't know how the images are brought into the metal but the egdes of the images are kind of rough which makes them kind of hard to clean. Every time I clean the image plate with a cotton pad there are lints all over the place which is kind of annyoing. The engravings are very deep so the images with bigger engraved parts come out as blobs if you are not careful (see swatches) and the deep engraving makes it also very hard to clean the plates. But mostly the images come up very nice. Most times you can reuse the polish which is left on the stamper. The second time stamping comes almost up as good as the first time.

Red Angel image plates, swatches RA-101, RA-102, RA-107

Red Angel image plates, swatches RA-119, RA-120

The full nail images are mostly abstract I guess the single motifs are mostly floral. I don't know how to describe the images on the image plates so I made some photos for you to see for yourself.  

You can purchase the set on amazon and I'm pretty sure they are sold on ebay too.

I hope this was helpful to you. If you have any questions please leave a comment I'll make sure to get back to you. 


Red Angel image plate RA-101

Red Angel image plate RA-102

Red Angel image plate RA-103

Red Angel image plate RA-104

Red Angel image plate RA-105

Red Angel image plate RA-106

Red Angel image plate RA-107
Red Angel image plate RA-108

Red Angel image plate RA-109

Red Angel image plate RA-110

Red Angel image plate RA-111

Red Angel image plate RA-112

Red Angel image plate RA-113

Red Angel image plate RA-114

Red Angel image plate RA-115

Red Angel image plate RA-116

Red Angel image plate RA-117

Red Angel image plate RA-118

Red Angel image plate RA-119

Red Angel image plate RA-120

Red Angel image plate RA-121


1 comment:

  1. I am in love with Red Angel plates from the moment I saw them..

    Is it possible to get this set internationally (Europe).. I want to get them (and Shany) so much, but the seller from Amazon doesn't ship internationally, and I couldn't find it anywhere else :(

    So I'm looking for someone to help me get those two sets. If you would be willing to help, please e-mail me: sniezynka7@gmail.com

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete