Monday, June 4, 2012

[Review] MJ Image Plate

Hey everyone :)

my MJ Image Plate from MyOnline Shop arrived! =D I've been waiting for it for 12 business days now or more specifically I waited eleven and would have waited the 12th day if it hadn't arrived yet. :D But it did and it's review time again.

The image plate came in this plastic bag and had a blue foil as a protective cover on it.

Arrival in a plastic bag...
... and with a blue protective cover.
























The foil was easy to peel off and there were no residues left. I love the look of the image plates once you peeled off the foil. They are sooooo shiny. ^^

Blue protective cover

The image plate does not have a backing. But the edges are not sharp so you can't hurt yourself on them. The part of the picture where you can see the ingrain wallpaper is the image plate. The back reflected the wall. I do not like the blank back and that is why I made a paper backing for the image plate (click here).

No Backing

The image plate measures about 9,6 cm in width...

About 9,6 cm in width

... and about 14,6 cm in length.

About 14,6 cm in length

The full nail images vary in their size which is kinda funny because I've never seen this before. They measure between 1,2 cm and 1,5 cm in width and between 1,7 cm and 2,2 cm.

Example: Full nail image, about 1,9 cm in length

Example: Full nail image, about 2,0 cm in length

Example: Full nail image, about 1,4 cm in width

The engravings are neat and the images stamp pretty well. The engravings are deep so you mostly have enough polish on for a second round of stamping. The two images next to and below the salamander/lizard are stamped with the remaining polish on the stamper and without picking the image up again. 

Swatches, MJ image plate

Sometimes it looks like the lines do not appear very clearly but I couldn't find out if that is an applying error or if the image plate is to blame. I don't feel like this is a disadvantage as the images show up pretty good in general. 

Another thing I wanted to point out is that due to its size the image plate might tend to bend easier than the small round ones. You might wanna be careful not to accidentally bend it. This is another reason why I made the backing. ^^ It gives more stability to the "big" image plate. Still I am careful how to store it.

All in all I like this image plate very much. The motifs are so cute. I already tried the ladybug image in a manicure. If you are interested in seeing that click here.

I hope this was helpful to you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask and I'll make sure to get back to you. 

Thanks for joining me and see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment