Sunday, May 27, 2012

[Review] Cheeky Nail Art Jumbo Plates

Hey everyone :)

today I am going to do a little review of the the Cheeky Nail Art Jumbo Plates. I got them in a bundle of six plates.

These image plates are made of stainless steel which makes them very robust and easy to clean. They came with a blue protective cover on them which was easy to peel off.

Blue protective cover, peels easily off, no residues

They do not have a paper backing like the small ones but instead they are glued on a plastic plate which is just as easy to clean and it also makes the plates easy to handle as you won't find any sharp edges. The plastic plate measures 15,5 cm in width and 22 cm in length. The image plate measures slightly smaller with 14,5 cm in width and 21 cm in length.

Plastic plate: about 22 cm in length, image plate: about 21 cm in length

Plastic plate: about 15,5 cm in width, image plate: about 14,5 cm in width

The full nail images on the jumbo plates are bigger than the ones on the round image plates. They measure 1,5 cm in width, about 2 cm in length at the edge and about 1,7 cm in the middle of the full nail image. So if you have longer nails and you're not sure if they would suit your nails, you get an idea of how big they are.

Jumbo Plate, image about 2 cm in length


image about 1,7 cm in the middle of the image, curved line at the bottom of the image

image about 1,5 cm in width

Just like the small round image plates, the designs are either etched or engraved (maybe lasered? idk, again my guess...) into the metal plates and they are made of the same good quality as the small ones. All images show up very well on the nails and just like with the smaller ones I had no problems picking them up or transferring the designs.

Swatches from Jumbo Plates A and B


Swatches from Jumbo Plates C and E

Unfortunately the image plate detaches itself from the plastic plate on the corners. Not much but enough that I noticed that so I will have an eye on that.

Detaching at the corners


Another thing is that one of the plates either starts to bend or is a little bended. This does not impair their function though. I'll have an eye on that aswell... 

Bending

The full nail images on plate A, B and D are curved at the bottom of the image so you can use them not only as a full nail image but also as a french tip. On plate C you can find mostly full nail images but with chiral motifs so you do not have the same image on all fingers. This is something other brands did not think of and I really like this. The plates E and I have mainly single motifs sometimes as chiral pairs. Those vary in their size. The image plates have at least 42 images and 331 nail art designs in total on them.

The only design which disappointed me a little was the one on plate A with the puzzle design. I was really looking forward to this one and well, it has round edges instead of sharp ones. It did not match the picture they have on amazon. The image works nonetheless.

Cheeky Jumbo Plate A, puzzle image, not as expected :(

The image plates are available individually or in bundles of three or six plates so you can choose and don't have to buy all of them if you don't like some.

All in all I definetly do not regret buying the image plates from Cheeky.

I hope this was helpful to you. If you have any questions please let me know and leave a comment. I'll make sure to get back to you. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review. This is the first place i have found where you have kindly shown the size of the plates and the length and width of the design. I have ordered my six plates and now know I won't have any problems with fitting these on to my nails.
    Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was helpful to you. It always bothered me that nobody would write about the size of the images since that is a very important information.
      Thanks for leaving a comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much, I really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post, very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the detailed review and for posting the sizes, very helpful.

    ReplyDelete