Sunday, May 27, 2012

[Review] Bundle Monster Image Plates Set 1

Hey everyone, :)

I am going to do a little review of the first set of Bundle Monster image plates.

All image plates had a blue protective cover on them which was easy to peel off and all image plates have a backing so you won't hurt yourself on sharp edges or scratch your surfaces with them. I heared that this is new and the first set did not have this backing at the beginning. But since I bought this set recently they seem to have that now. 

The images on the plates vary between single motifs, french tips and full nail images.

Bundle Monster Set 1: Full nail images, single motifs, french tips


The images plates measure 5,6 cm in mean diameter.

5,6 cm in mean diameter

The french tips measure about 1,3 cm in width and 0,55 cm in length.

French tip: about 1,3 cm in width


French tip: about 0,5 cm in length


The full nail images measure about 1,0 cm in width and 1,4 cm in lenght whereas the single motifs vary in their size. If you have longer nails or wider nailbeds you are definetly going to have trouble with the size. The images probably won't match your nails and you will have to stamp parts to cover the whole nail.


Full nail images: about 1,4 cm in length



Full nail images: about 1,0 cm in width


The image plates are made of stainless steel and have a high polish finish. The images are either engraved or etched into the image plates but that is only my guess.

Sometimes I feel like some of the images are not deep enough so they wont pick up and transfer properly. I noticed that especially with the very filigree motifs. What I also noticed was that sometimes the image does not seem to be etched/engraved properly or detailed enough. An example for that would be the anchor on image plate BM08 which I used for a previous manicure (klick here to see the images). It just doesn't look like it is supposed to look that way. :D But mostly the images work just fine and show up well.

The first set contains 21 image plates with at least six designs and 139 designs in total. I bought this set because of the single/small designs which are in the majority in this set. They are so cute. ^^ I just wish the full nail images were bigger.

I bought these on ebay but they are available on amazon and also on the Bundle Monster homepage.

I hope this was helpful to you. If you have any questions please let me know and leave a comment. I'll make sure to get back to you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment